Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office

I have a MacBook pro (mid-2010) and I've updated to macOS high sierra. I need to upload applications like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc..) but I can't because my laptop is in the old version

I really need these applications on my laptop how I can get them?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 12:04 PM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2022 2:23 PM in response to shorooq994

The short answer is no Microsoft apps for any operating system older than (presently) Catalina through Monterey, Once Ventura is released, Microsoft will require Big Sur or later.

Softmaker's Office 2021 or Office NX is an MS Office clone with native document support that is still supported on macOS High Sierra. There is a free trial. Softmaker's Office is available for iOS, Linux, and Windows too. Single purchase or reasonable subscription available.

LibreOffice is the other mentioned alternative, but commencing in March 2023, new updates will begin support for Mojave and later. LibreOffice provides PDF documentation to somewhat flatten the learning curve.

Microsoft Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.