Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extreme 55AE: This accessory requires too much power.

I have iPhone 13 Pro and whenever I put my 1tb Sandisk SSD it’s showing Cannot Use Accessory Extreme 55AE: This accessory requires too much power. Please help how to troubleshoot this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 1:36 PM

That external 1TB SSD, Use too much powers of the iPhone, Meaning that it can drain even more the battery, The phone is refusing to send Power to the device, That's the problem, For now there's no solution for this(I think) more than, Connect it to a Computer or a laptop, And browse from there your files, If you want to use a Portable Device i would recommend you to buy a 128GB USB Sandisk with port for Lighting, I use that to browse my files in iPhone and iPad, Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 1:36 PM in response to deggie

That external 1TB SSD, Use too much powers of the iPhone, Meaning that it can drain even more the battery, The phone is refusing to send Power to the device, That's the problem, For now there's no solution for this(I think) more than, Connect it to a Computer or a laptop, And browse from there your files, If you want to use a Portable Device i would recommend you to buy a 128GB USB Sandisk with port for Lighting, I use that to browse my files in iPhone and iPad, Have a nice day!

Extreme 55AE: This accessory requires too much power.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.