Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly receiving 100s of text messages on iPhone from the same contact in a few seconds

Hi there, I suddenly started receiving hundreds of unreadable nonsense text messages from the same contact and it just kept coming - 548 messages in a few seconds that only stopped when I blocked the contact. The contact is a friend and they did not send the messages (also does not show any messages sent on their phone). I'm too scared to do anything as I'm worried it could be a virus or someone hacked my phone. What do I do please?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 10:23 PM

One thing is for sure that there is no virus and no one has hacked your iPhone.

Those messages came from a phone number and it was your friend's phone number. There may be something going on with your friend's phone or another device of your friend. Not sure what else you can do but block the contact for a few hours and then unblock and check again.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 10:23 PM in response to RiekieFromSydney

One thing is for sure that there is no virus and no one has hacked your iPhone.

Those messages came from a phone number and it was your friend's phone number. There may be something going on with your friend's phone or another device of your friend. Not sure what else you can do but block the contact for a few hours and then unblock and check again.

Axel F.

Suddenly receiving 100s of text messages on iPhone from the same contact in a few seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.