Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook App Calendar as default on IPhone

Hello

i am using exclusively outlook app for mails and calendar (company phone restrictions). How can I change the outlook app to be a default for all new calendar events - such as clicking a date and time in a message will trigger Outlook rather than IOS Calendar

thank you!

example of what I don’t want it to do

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 1:09 PM

Exactly. Seems that Apple do not want us to use an alternative calendar app, which makes the user experience crap :-(

15 replies

Nov 1, 2022 6:35 AM in response to J_Johnnyboy

But can you change the actual app that is the default rather than just the calendar account? I.e using the outlook app instead of the Apple calendar app as the default? My company also will only allow access to our Microsoft 365 calendar and mail through the Outlook app and no longer through the apple mail or calendar apps.

Nov 3, 2022 10:43 PM in response to VladKud

I was able to load my icloud email onto the Outlook app and then I was able to have both calendars showing on the Outlook calendar. It doesnt fix the fact that the Outlook calendar is terrible but it does allow you to see everything on your calendars in one app, and then even if things get added to the iCloud calendar by default you can still see them.

Oct 17, 2022 4:31 PM in response to VladKud

Hi VladKud,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, it looks like you want to change your default calendar on your iPhone. Is that correct? If so,

you've come to the right place to get help.

Try the steps here: Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

Once you click and open the link, please read through and complete the steps in the section titled "Set a default calendar."

You can set one of your calendars as the default calendar. When you add an event using Siri or other apps, it’s added to your default calendar.
1) Go to Settings  > Calendar > Default Calendar.

2) Select the calendar you want to use as your default calendar.

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to set a default calendar.

If you’re still experiencing the same issue, reach back out to the community for more help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Nov 2, 2022 6:29 AM in response to VladKud

VladKud wrote:

IT has nothing to do with this. This is IOS limitation of working only with its own Calendar App. Cannot say if by design or by mid-design…

Your IT department may have suggestions that I don't know about as they may deal with this more than I do. Also, it's their policy on how to use the equipment that's causing you a problem or at least part of it.

So either a feature or bug, which Apple ought to fix

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Outlook App Calendar as default on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.