Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina software update

I did the 10.15.7 Catalina software update on my MacBook Pro and it’s being weird. It went to the black update screen with the Apple logo and a 29-minute timer, then after about 30-seconds, the computer rebooted itself several times. Then it started the countdown over again. It seemed to work fine after that. But then it got stuck on the last part at “less than a minute remaining.” I waited for nearly 5 minutes and then tried to boot up in safe mode but it wouldn’t work. It just booted up in what looked like my old Mojave screen. So I logged in and tried to see what would happen, and it restarted the entire Catalina software update. So now it’s back to that again. Can anyone advise on what might be happening or what to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.7

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 5:15 PM

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

Try to do again the update and if you have the massage: (a minute remaining) wait for 15 minutes and see if the message still there. It’s normal that the Mac reboot and the update can take time. Just let your mac update even if it takes time.

If this not work

For more help or questions

Come back us or contact Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 5:15 PM in response to liquidmetalcop

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

Try to do again the update and if you have the massage: (a minute remaining) wait for 15 minutes and see if the message still there. It’s normal that the Mac reboot and the update can take time. Just let your mac update even if it takes time.

If this not work

For more help or questions

Come back us or contact Apple Support

Catalina software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.