Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase old iPhone with smashed screen

Any ideas on how to erase my old iPhone with a smashed screen? It’s not showing up on my iCloud anymore.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 6:15 PM

The only way to do it would be a remote erase via Find my in your iCloud account. If Find My is off, then you cannot do that obviously.

But the only other ways to erase it would be interactively in settings, or to plug it into a Mac or Windows PC and do it in iTunes or finder. But that requires you be able to unlock the device by entering the screen lock passcode, which you cannot now do with the damaged display.

So sorry, but there is no way to erase it now. The consolation is there is also no way to access the device data either.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 6:15 PM in response to Kzentz77

The only way to do it would be a remote erase via Find my in your iCloud account. If Find My is off, then you cannot do that obviously.

But the only other ways to erase it would be interactively in settings, or to plug it into a Mac or Windows PC and do it in iTunes or finder. But that requires you be able to unlock the device by entering the screen lock passcode, which you cannot now do with the damaged display.

So sorry, but there is no way to erase it now. The consolation is there is also no way to access the device data either.

Erase old iPhone with smashed screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.