Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV shows twice in network with 2 different IP and mac address

hello,

I have only one Apple TV connected via ethernet to my router and all is well but in the clients list, it shows up twice, once with its ethernet uplink IP and once with its wifi IP.

and it has 2 different MAC address as well.

I wonder why.

thank you

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 1:55 AM

4 replies

Oct 23, 2022 5:51 PM in response to olivierventurini

I have three Apple TV 4K 2021 boxes, all running tvOS 16.0 (20J373) and all connected via ethernet. A week ago one of them inexplicably started a simultaneous WiFi connection in addition to ethernet, using a separate MAC address. There was consistent network traffic on both connections to my router, the bulk of it on the wired connection and an average of only ~30 kbps on the wireless connection. The tvOS network setup screen always showed an ethernet connection instead of WiFi. Restarting the router and the ATV box didn’t get rid of the WiFi connection but when I disconnected the ethernet cable from the ATV it immediately switched to the WiFi connection, so I selected it and clicked “Forget Network”. I plugged the ethernet cable back in and the ATV reconnected to the router only via ethernet; the rogue WiFi connection hasn't happened since then.

My Apple TV shows twice in network with 2 different IP and mac address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.