Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus filter not turning off in Mail

I'm on iOS 16.0.3 and I can't get rid of a focus filter in Mail, even though there's no Focus enabled. I've already deleted all my custom Focus and restarted the iPhone multiple times. But there it is, constantly enabled. I have to turn it off manually every time I open any folder related to

Could I be doing something wrong?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 4:45 AM

Hello Astro24. Thanks for your message. There weren't any Focus connected to a Home Page. I had definitely no Focus enabled at the moment and I had only the default ones which can't be deleted.

The only way I managed to solve this situation was:

1. Reset All iPhone Settings - the issue remained, but it might be related to the solution
  2. Created a new Focus and added the Mail filter that was constantly applied to Mail.app
  3. Enabled and disabled the new Focus

After having done that, the issue was solved. I had done that with the default ones, but it didn't solve. It seems I needed a Custom Focus to disable the Mail Filter "under the hood".

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 4:45 AM in response to ASTRO24

Hello Astro24. Thanks for your message. There weren't any Focus connected to a Home Page. I had definitely no Focus enabled at the moment and I had only the default ones which can't be deleted.

The only way I managed to solve this situation was:

1. Reset All iPhone Settings - the issue remained, but it might be related to the solution
  2. Created a new Focus and added the Mail filter that was constantly applied to Mail.app
  3. Enabled and disabled the new Focus

After having done that, the issue was solved. I had done that with the default ones, but it didn't solve. It seems I needed a Custom Focus to disable the Mail Filter "under the hood".

Oct 18, 2022 3:49 PM in response to fmartinewski

Hi fmartinewski,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities.

We understand that Focus is enabled despite your checking for it in Settings. Is it possible that your have Focus connected to a specific Home Screen page? You can also check your Lock Screen to see whether Focus is linked there.

To check for Focus Filters:

1. Go to Settings > Focus
  2. Check for any Focus settings enabled
  3. Scroll down to Focus Filter

You can find these details and more in Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad.

Regards.

Focus filter not turning off in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.