Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Difficulty using focus

The new focus feature is awful. I want the old focus function back- was just one step to silence my phone whenever I needed to; this was quick easy and convenient. How do I get focus to work as just on or off without having to go through a lot of steps ?

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:43 PM

Hello Wantoldfocus!

You can set up Focus one time, and it will turn on and off automatically at the times and dates you had pre-set. So you never have to turn it on, or off again!

To learn how to Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, please see this Support Article.

To silence your iPhone whenever you need to, you can just turn on Silent Mode by pushing the switch on the left side of your iPhone away from the screen, so that it shows red. Then, when you want to receive audible notifications again, just pull the switch towards you, and the red will disappear.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 8:43 PM in response to Wantoldfocus

Hello Wantoldfocus!

You can set up Focus one time, and it will turn on and off automatically at the times and dates you had pre-set. So you never have to turn it on, or off again!

To learn how to Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, please see this Support Article.

To silence your iPhone whenever you need to, you can just turn on Silent Mode by pushing the switch on the left side of your iPhone away from the screen, so that it shows red. Then, when you want to receive audible notifications again, just pull the switch towards you, and the red will disappear.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Jun 2, 2023 8:44 PM in response to Wantoldfocus

Wantoldfocus Said:

"Difficulty using focus: The new focus feature is awful. I want the old focus function back- was just one step to silence my phone whenever I needed to; this was quick easy and convenient. How do I get focus to work as just on or off without having to go through a lot of steps ?"

------

Downgrading iOS Focus:

Recommend this to Apple:

This a part of the iOS. Downgrading the iOS is not an option. So, let Apple know of you opinions. They barely read these forums as it is on their own time. Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is their customers prefer, and what features to include in iOS versions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on what you do not like this, and how you think it should be made different. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Difficulty using focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.