Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep getting this popup iPhone to Mac?

I have updated the software on my iPhone to 16.0.3. My Mac is on Big Sur 11.6.8. The iPhone shows up in the sidebar of my Finder and in Apple Music. So why do I keep getting this popup. Whenever I have clicked "install" in the popup the file never downloads and the popup window does not go away until I restart the Mac.

Also why is the iPhone listed as "iPhone (3)"? What is the (3) and how can I change the name of the device?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 11:09 AM

For the pop-ups, if the support article you arrived here doesn't help, you should contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

For the iPhone naming item, to change your iPhone's name go to: Settings > General > About > Name

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Wet Baloney

For the pop-ups, if the support article you arrived here doesn't help, you should contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

For the iPhone naming item, to change your iPhone's name go to: Settings > General > About > Name

Why do I keep getting this popup iPhone to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.