You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I started getting a message: "[app] would like to find and connect to devices on your local network" Why?

I haven't recently downloaded any updates or made any changes with my iPhone SE 2020. Yet for some reason I just started getting this message when I open my apps: [app] would like to find and connect to devices on your local network.

Here's an example when I launched Cozi.

I've been tapping Don't Allow since I don't use these apps on any other devices.

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 11:57 AM

That check was added in one of the iOS 15 updates, it is merely a security question. If one of your apps does need to connect to another device you would say yes.

1 reply

I started getting a message: "[app] would like to find and connect to devices on your local network" Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.