Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No haptic feedback after receiving a text message on Apple Watch

I recently received an Apple Watch Series 7 as a gift and set it up as brand new alongside an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Since setting it up I do not receive a haptic vibration when receiving an incoming message in the messages app.

I have haptic feedback enabled in notifications settings (prominent) - it also occurs on standard haptic feedback. I do receive the prominent haptic feedback when I receive a Twitter notification, so it's not the haptic engine hardware on the device. It seemed to occur after upgrading to WatchOS 9 on the device.

Model: A2477

Version: 9.0.2 - build 20R383

Any help would be most welcome.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Hi Neoncloudff,

To check the specific settings for individual app notifications on your Apple Watch, follow these steps from Notifications on your Apple Watch:

1. "Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
  2. Tap Notifications. 
  3. Tap an app to see its options. To use the same notification settings on apps that appear on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. Some apps allow you to customize your notifications. Tap Custom, then choose an option:
    • Allow Notifications: Notifications appear in Notification Center and your Apple Watch alerts you. 
    • Send to Notification Center: Notifications are sent directly to Notification Center without your Apple Watch alerting you.
    • Notifications Off: The app sends no notifications.
  1. If you customize an app's notifications, you can also group notifications from that app. Tap Notification grouping, then choose an option: Off, Automatically, or By App.

Some apps offer further customization, while others only let you turn off Apple Watch notifications completely. Scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app."

If the settings for Messages are currently configured to "Mirror my iPhone", you can change that to "Custom" to view the full set of notification settings including the switch to enable or disable Haptic feedback.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 3:15 PM in response to Neoncloudff

Hi Neoncloudff,

To check the specific settings for individual app notifications on your Apple Watch, follow these steps from Notifications on your Apple Watch:

1. "Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. 
  2. Tap Notifications. 
  3. Tap an app to see its options. To use the same notification settings on apps that appear on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, tap Mirror my iPhone. Some apps allow you to customize your notifications. Tap Custom, then choose an option:
    • Allow Notifications: Notifications appear in Notification Center and your Apple Watch alerts you. 
    • Send to Notification Center: Notifications are sent directly to Notification Center without your Apple Watch alerting you.
    • Notifications Off: The app sends no notifications.
  1. If you customize an app's notifications, you can also group notifications from that app. Tap Notification grouping, then choose an option: Off, Automatically, or By App.

Some apps offer further customization, while others only let you turn off Apple Watch notifications completely. Scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts From section and turn off the setting next to the app."

If the settings for Messages are currently configured to "Mirror my iPhone", you can change that to "Custom" to view the full set of notification settings including the switch to enable or disable Haptic feedback.

Regards.

No haptic feedback after receiving a text message on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.