Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone xs’ true depth camera stopped working. What can be the solution?

Only a drop of water fell on my iPhone XS, and the true depth camera stopped working. What could be the solution to this?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:58 PM

Here is what the folks at Apple recommend:

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Check if there is an issue with Face ID in your iPhone's parts and service history. To do this, open the Settings app, tap General, then tap About.
  3. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

You’re likely on step 3 now, and probably headed for a repair if this wasn’t water damage, or probably headed for replacement if it was.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2022 9:58 PM in response to Iamksf

Here is what the folks at Apple recommend:

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Check if there is an issue with Face ID in your iPhone's parts and service history. To do this, open the Settings app, tap General, then tap About.
  3. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

You’re likely on step 3 now, and probably headed for a repair if this wasn’t water damage, or probably headed for replacement if it was.

My iphone xs’ true depth camera stopped working. What can be the solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.