Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked with correct passcode

This morning after turning off my alarm, my iPhone refused to use FaceID, so I put in my passcode and it also got refused. I tried restarting it multiple times but without success. I'm currently stuck with my iPhone unavailable. I know I'm not crazy, the passcode is correct. It worked fine yesterday. I also have an Apple Watch SE (1st gen). Is there any way to unlock it using the watch?

I don't want to do a 'Erase iPhone' as I do not have a recent backup made. Is there a way to backup my iPhone while it's locked?

I've found articles online that mention this happening after an upgrade. I can only assume there was a new version released last night and automatically installed (as I have this option enabled).

I'm using a iPhone 12 Pro Max.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 6:47 AM

No. Aside from using the Erase iPhone option, the only method available is to restore it from a computer, which will also erase its contents. There's no longer anywhere on the iPhone you can put the passcode.

(226912)

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone locked with correct passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.