Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook stuck on Apple logo and charging bar

Hey guys!

My Mac got stuck on the Apple logo and progress bar and won’t go past it, won’t open.

I tried all of these:

-Force Restart

-getting into Safe Mode…but it does nothing.

-unplugged third parties accessories

- reset PRAM/NVRAM

- reset SMC…

even tried to reinstall macOS, but I unfortunately I don’t have enough space to install it…

I'm stuck…literally…😣

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 6:47 AM

Hey, thank you for your answer.

Tried all those until the reinstall macOS, but I don’t have enough memory space to do it. So I’m stuck there…nothing I’ve tried so far works…

2 replies

Oct 18, 2022 6:43 AM in response to YOGAbriela

If your Mac is stuck on this screen

If you think you've waited long enough to know that your Mac is stuck on this screen, follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. (Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.)
  2. Turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices. You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables. 
  3. Turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, once again press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then follow the steps in this article: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility. It explains how to start up from macOS Recovery so that you can use Disk Utility.
    • If Disk Utility found no errors, reinstall macOS.
    • If Disk Utility found errors and repaired them, restart your Mac. If the issue returns after restarting, reinstall macOS.

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support.

MacBook stuck on Apple logo and charging bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.