Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot login password

I forgot my MacBook Air M2 login password and now I can't see the forgot password and reset options even after putting the wrong password three times on login page. What should i do now?

[Image Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 2:57 PM

If you forgot your Mac login password describes everything you can possibly do, including Learn what to do if you can't reset your password. Follow those steps the way through to its conclusion.

To me, "thispc" might be the name of that Mac...? Perhaps "macbook" or "airbook" or "mymac" or one of a number of similar possibilities. I'd go through all of them. Sleep on it perhaps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 2:57 PM in response to Justauser21

If you forgot your Mac login password describes everything you can possibly do, including Learn what to do if you can't reset your password. Follow those steps the way through to its conclusion.

To me, "thispc" might be the name of that Mac...? Perhaps "macbook" or "airbook" or "mymac" or one of a number of similar possibilities. I'd go through all of them. Sleep on it perhaps.

Forgot login password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.