Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete unknown shortcut.

Hi, can someone help me delete these shortcuts (refer the picture). I dont know when and who make these shortcuts. The thing is I cant delete it. Can somebody tells me what it is and how to delete it.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:32 AM

Thank you for the reply. I cant delete it using that method. I finally figure out where it come from. It come from Chrome apps, from one of my google account. I sign out that google account and clear all the cache, then it gone.

Developers can bundle other apps inside of the primary app bundle. They only appear in the LaunchPad.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 5:32 AM in response to yusof128

Thank you for the reply. I cant delete it using that method. I finally figure out where it come from. It come from Chrome apps, from one of my google account. I sign out that google account and clear all the cache, then it gone.

Developers can bundle other apps inside of the primary app bundle. They only appear in the LaunchPad.

Oct 19, 2022 4:21 AM in response to yusof128

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

5 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

6 - Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

7 - Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Avira 

AVG AntiVirus  

Trustee  

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Oct 19, 2022 2:27 AM in response to yusof128

To add to already good advise by @Luis S above.

In LaunchPad in view HOLD the Option key which should bring up the shacking feature with the little X in Top left Corner of Applications icons. The Click the X and presto - gone

Notation: this will work on most icons but not on Core Application like News, Calendar, TextEdit, Music etc.

These application are built into the Operating System and can not be deleted

EDITED

Oct 19, 2022 4:19 AM in response to yusof128

The images above, some appear URL Shortcut which have been somehow added to Launchpad.

Internet Shortcut would Normally be used within the Browser of Choice

Aside - user profile appears as running Monterey 12.4 which needs immediate attention.

Current version, as of this writing, is Monterey 12.6 and has a separate update for Safari to version 16

This may or may not be related to above issue ?

Delete unknown shortcut.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.