Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit

Hi all, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this... I've added a smart bulb to my Hallway. Named the room and its on my iPad as a hub, it automatically synched with my older iPhone 8, and shows up on that phones Home Screen as a room, same with my MacBook Pro, but my new iPhone 13 mini shows its there if I open "edit settings" but it isn't appearing on my home kit home page as a room. If I try to add a room I just get a message saying "this room already exists". All my devices are set up to synch through iCloud. But the room (Hallway) just isn't appearing on the HomeKit Home Screen. Even though the phone is recognising it as been there and I can operate the "Hallway" with Siri on my iPhone mini.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 8:16 AM

Hi MentalElf1959,

It sounds like you're not seeing your HomeKit accessory on one of your devices, and we're happy to help. Please try the suggestions here to see if they help to resolve the issue:

"If you can't add an accessory

Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 8:16 AM in response to MentalElf1959

Hi MentalElf1959,

It sounds like you're not seeing your HomeKit accessory on one of your devices, and we're happy to help. Please try the suggestions here to see if they help to resolve the issue:

"If you can't add an accessory

Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

Cheers!

Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.