Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An effective real DO NOT DISTURB

Team, I had thought most assuredly that IOS16 would have a real iron clad don’t bother me I’m on vacation text message responder option by now. It should have been the very first design option considered. Auto email out of office has existed since the mid 90s. And text messages are just as pervasive of a medium as emails for business communications today. THIS MUST BE ADDED!!! So far all I see is a bunch of stuff kids might want to for more personal expression in IOS16. Where’s your business dev design team?? Do y’all want to receive texts from your clients or bosses when you are on vacation? Where is the focus group for this part of the product evolution? Enterprise is what Apple should be heavies focused on at this point. I can only handle so many emoji options.

it’s time apple grownup with a design mindset of what is useful for business, as business consumes at least half of the average persons time. Do not disturb driving function is not useful because it turns off every time one unlocks their phone and you have to remember to turn it back on. ALL focus filters need to have an auto response option. Wow what a wholly wasted opportunity on IOS16. That’s 16X s Apple failed to recognize the value of such a fundamental feature. Way over due

Chris-

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 7:03 AM

Neither Apple nor its product development teams participate in these fellow user-supported, public communities. You can send direct constructive feedback to the iOS/iPadOS messages product team though.

Similar questions

1 reply

An effective real DO NOT DISTURB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.