Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac login screen wallpaper changes

When I shut down my new iMac at night its not the same wallpaper I had before shut down and when turning it on in morning its different how to fix that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Hello frank_the_snake_master_01,

To start, we suggest making sure you're running the latest version of macOS. This can help to resolve unexpected behavior.

1.) Before continuing, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.
2.) From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
3.) Click Software Update in the System Preferences window. Can't find Software Update?
4.) Software Update now checks for new software.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Then, follow the steps in this article to make sure your desktop picture and screensaver are set to your liking:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

You'll also want to make sure you don't have "Change picture" selected at the bottom.

We hope that helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 11:10 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Hello frank_the_snake_master_01,

To start, we suggest making sure you're running the latest version of macOS. This can help to resolve unexpected behavior.

1.) Before continuing, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.
2.) From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
3.) Click Software Update in the System Preferences window. Can't find Software Update?
4.) Software Update now checks for new software.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Then, follow the steps in this article to make sure your desktop picture and screensaver are set to your liking:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

You'll also want to make sure you don't have "Change picture" selected at the bottom.

We hope that helps.

Best Regards.

Mac login screen wallpaper changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.