Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper on MacBook

When I restart my MacBook, the default wallpaper appears on my lock screen. After I logged in with my password, my wallpaper reappears. This problem happens only when I restart my computer. Does anyone have a solution for that ?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 11:49 AM

The Wallpaper that appears at the Log In page where the use has to manually input the Computer Password can be changed and Only provide the two conditions are met.

1 - There is Only 1 User account on this computer. Not even a Guest Account is permitted.

2 - FileVault must Not be enabled on this computer

For detailed instruction suggest following this very good illustration from @jefferythefrog

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253382773

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 11:49 AM in response to arjun_radjasegar

The Wallpaper that appears at the Log In page where the use has to manually input the Computer Password can be changed and Only provide the two conditions are met.

1 - There is Only 1 User account on this computer. Not even a Guest Account is permitted.

For detailed instruction suggest following this very good illustration from @jefferythefrog

Nov 7, 2022 1:15 PM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

actually, the single user account AND fike vault being disabled is still a requirement, but the settings options screen is slightly different as of Ventura.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Settings, in the Lock Screen tab,  and set "Login window shows" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

but as before, if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

Nov 8, 2022 9:37 AM in response to arjun_radjasegar

arjun_radjasegar wrote:

What is the purpose of File Vault ? Is it risked to deactivate File Vault on Mac ?

file vault is a form of encryption. it's another way to secure your data. I don't use it myself, because I don't need it. but with my application, there are a few reasons I don't use it.

1. I only use my machine for entertainment. so I don't have a worry about any crucial data being accessed.
  2. I live in a secure building with cameras everywhere, so my Mac isn't likely to walk away.
  3. and it's an iMac, so I'm not likely to leave it behind in , lets say, a coffee shop.

among a few other reasons.

but if you have a possibility of anything like that happening, you may want to look at how it works.

Wallpaper on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.