Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard feature not on Monterey

I apologize for repeating the missing dashboard question, but was unable to reply to the existing post (am new to this)....

I bought a new iMac recently, which is running Monterey, and am crushed to find no dashboard. I used many of its functions constantly on my old iMac, which was running El Capitan - so yes, I'm a dinosaur - especially the calculator & calendar. It was one-stop shopping & very convenient. I agree with the folks who say we should keep letting Apple know that there are many of us who want dashboard back - I do believe in the power of feedback.

Thank you for providing a place for me to let off steam....

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 11:35 AM

Until such time as Apple makes changes, you might look at the ability to add widgets to the control center:

Add and customize widgets in Notification Center on Mac - Apple Support

You can also add applications to the Dock:

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

My go to, though is Spotlight. I hit control-space to bring up the search bar and start typing in the name of what I want, e.g. Calculator. Yes, it's different that Dashboard and will take some getting used to but it feels just as fast to me.

You can also enter simple calculations directly in the search box which is kind of cool.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 11:35 AM in response to leila_h

Until such time as Apple makes changes, you might look at the ability to add widgets to the control center:

Add and customize widgets in Notification Center on Mac - Apple Support

You can also add applications to the Dock:

Use the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

My go to, though is Spotlight. I hit control-space to bring up the search bar and start typing in the name of what I want, e.g. Calculator. Yes, it's different that Dashboard and will take some getting used to but it feels just as fast to me.

You can also enter simple calculations directly in the search box which is kind of cool.

Dashboard feature not on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.