Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I back up using cellular data?

How can I backup on iCloud using cellular data?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 10:43 AM

You would need to buy a 5G iPhone. So any model of an iPhone 12, 13 or 14. See -> Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support

Data Mode

• Allow More Data on 5G: Enables higher data-usage features for apps and system tasks. These include higher-quality FaceTime, high-definition content on Apple TV, Apple Music songs and videos, iOS updates over cellular, and automatic iCloud backups.
    • With this setting, your iPhone can automatically use 5G instead of Wi-Fi when Wi-Fi connectivity is slow or insecure on a network you visit occasionally. To turn this feature off and on for a certain network, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Tap the info button next to the Wi-Fi network and tap Use Wi-Fi for Internet.“
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 10:43 AM in response to christiananodjo

You would need to buy a 5G iPhone. So any model of an iPhone 12, 13 or 14. See -> Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support

Data Mode

• Allow More Data on 5G: Enables higher data-usage features for apps and system tasks. These include higher-quality FaceTime, high-definition content on Apple TV, Apple Music songs and videos, iOS updates over cellular, and automatic iCloud backups.
    • With this setting, your iPhone can automatically use 5G instead of Wi-Fi when Wi-Fi connectivity is slow or insecure on a network you visit occasionally. To turn this feature off and on for a certain network, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Tap the info button next to the Wi-Fi network and tap Use Wi-Fi for Internet.“

How can I back up using cellular data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.