Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Music: individual song Volume Adjust not working

I'm trying to adjust the relative volume of songs in a playlist using Song > Get Info > Options > Volume Adjust.

When I drag the slider, literally nothing happens. When I position it off the central position and click OK, nothing happens. The setting gets remembered when I save it. It just doesn't do anything.

When I drag the global volume setting in the main window title bar, that of course works fine. But I don't want to adjust global volume; I want to adjust per-song volume.

(The slider in the Info panel does look sort of grayed out. I can't tell if that's telling me it's disabled, or if that's just how sliders look in macOS now. But if it's disabled, it shouldn't even be letting me drag the slider thumb.)

I'm running Music v. 1.2.5.7 on macOS 12.5.1.

Mac Studio

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:29 PM

Is this track stored locally? Are you currently using AirPlay? See Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

macOS Music: individual song Volume Adjust not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.