Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound on certain APPS not working on Apple TV

I've deleted/reinstalled the apps with no audio (Prime, HBO, and Hulu. Once I start up the app, I hear clicks for choosing a program, but once I hit play - there is no audio). However, they work perfectly if I go through the Samsung TV apps. Unfortunately, it only happens when I access apps through Apple TV. I've changed audio settings on both Apple TV and Samsung and deleted and reinstalled the apps in question - nothing is getting the audio on. Everything is up-to-date. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 5:47 PM

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, by regularly performing system software updates when available. tvOS 11 is an old software version for this model from 2017–2018. We’re on tvOS 16 now, which all the modern advancements made in the last years. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support. App versions have their own compatibility with OS versions. New app versions may not work on old OS versions, and old app versions may not work on new OS versions. Best practice imho is to keep both on the latest version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 5:47 PM in response to Jammer525

Apple TV HD, tvOS 11

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, by regularly performing system software updates when available. tvOS 11 is an old software version for this model from 2017–2018. We’re on tvOS 16 now, which all the modern advancements made in the last years. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support. App versions have their own compatibility with OS versions. New app versions may not work on old OS versions, and old app versions may not work on new OS versions. Best practice imho is to keep both on the latest version.

Sound on certain APPS not working on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.