Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple TV+ app- sound cuts out

I am using the Apple TV+ app on my lg TV. The sound seems to work for adverts but after approx 20 seconds of streaming the sound stops. I have tried resetting the app and changing the settings on the TV but nothing seems to work. Can someone advise what I can do to fix this?

43UJ634V-ZD,

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:08 PM

Same here on my LG TV - if you go to settings in the Apple TV+ app and switch to on ‘limit playback to SD’. Works for me. Then when you go to programme the HDR sign still comes on to show you’re watching in HDR but with sound most importantly

6 replies

Aug 2, 2023 6:32 AM in response to ICB2023

I also have a LG TV and use the Apple TV+ app and have not experienced that problem, so I would try the basic troubleshooting steps to see if it corrects the problem.

• Restart Router
  • Sign Out of Apple TV+
  • Remove and reinstall app
  • Sign back in to Apple TV+

Sorry I can't provide a specific setting or quick fix, but most problems that are associated with the Apple TV+ app are network glitches either with your Home network or with Apple servers and restarting and app reinstalls seems to clear up those problems. I have in the past had a situation where the app would not remember where I left off watching a show and signing out and back in to Apple TV solved that problem.

Sep 6, 2023 3:03 PM in response to BrumPNE

I have the Apple TV app and the sound would go out after 20 seconds. I have been trying for 4 days to fix it. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple TV and they could not get it to work. For my time they put 3 free movies in my account. I continued to google my situation and thank goodness, today, I came across your post and it fixed the problem! Thank you, thank you, now I can watch Ted Lasso!!

Apple TV+ app- sound cuts out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.