Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Youtube App doesn't play sound on Apple TV 4K

When I play videos on the Youtube app (via Yamaha soundbar output) on an Apple TV 4K box, the sound always stops after several seconds. I don't have this problem with Netflix, Disney and other apps on the same device. Any idea how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 7:52 AM

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version, if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Else please test without the soundbar temporarily. Does the app play audio over TV speakers then? That might help determine where the problem lies.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 7:52 AM in response to AHHK

Update your Apple TV system software to the current version, if not done already. How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Else please test without the soundbar temporarily. Does the app play audio over TV speakers then? That might help determine where the problem lies.

Oct 12, 2023 6:12 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks... unfortunately I have tried all of these steps before and there doesn't seem to be a way to receive support from Google/Youtube.

The app plays fine over TV speakers, but the sound will only play for several seconds through the soundbar. As mentioned, no other app on the Apple TV 4K device has this issue.

Youtube App doesn't play sound on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.