Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Old Printer from iPad Pro

How do I remove old printer from iPad Pro?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:06 PM

You don't add or remove printers from an iPad.

Printers appear in the AirPrint dialog automatically. If its showing up there, then it means its on the same Wi-fi network as the iPad, turned on and ready to print. The only way to make it not show up on the iPad, would be to turn it off.

4 replies

Oct 19, 2022 4:36 PM in response to LotusPilot

All, thank you for responding and the feedback. I had an HP printer and now have replaced it with an Epson. The HP is disconnected with power cord removed and now on my floor in a corner, ready for recycling.

When I print from my iPad Pro, the HP printer still pops up as a viable option, as does my Epson. I can select the Epson and all seems to work for printing.

I needed to go through several steps to remove drivers and files from my PC. I was just concerned about leaving unneeded print files on the iPad Pro. If this remains a non-issue, I'll be OK.

Oct 19, 2022 3:09 PM in response to Ipad_printer_removal

Active AirPrint printers “advertise” print services to the network to which they are actively connected. Network discovery protocols discover printers that advertise print services - and these printers are then listed in the print dialogue of your iPad and similar devices.

As soon as an AirPrint printer is removed from the network, it will be removed from the list of available printers.

Remove Old Printer from iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.