Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone screen is not visible due to breakage, how do I download my photos prior to erasing my phone

My phone was run over by multiple cars.. long story. I have a lock on my phone. Is there anyway to download the photos to my computer? It is still making sounds and can still be located on find my phone and is in my possession. I have a macbook pro I am attempting to download to unsuccessfully.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Likely not if the device is inaccessible.

If you had been making backups to iCloud, and have not restarted the device, try plugging it in and leaving it to backup.

The same may work for backups made to a computer. Connect your phone, open finder, and try to initiate a backup.

If you have restarted your device, or the accident cause restart, it will be locked and inaccessible.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 1:57 PM in response to KimWhe

Likely not if the device is inaccessible.

If you had been making backups to iCloud, and have not restarted the device, try plugging it in and leaving it to backup.

The same may work for backups made to a computer. Connect your phone, open finder, and try to initiate a backup.

If you have restarted your device, or the accident cause restart, it will be locked and inaccessible.

phone screen is not visible due to breakage, how do I download my photos prior to erasing my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.