Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've lost the Apple TV remote. Can I connect with my iPhone

I've lost my Apple TV remote. Can I connect another way?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 9

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 3:18 PM

Hello,

Yes! You can use your iPhone as an Apple TV Remote. Follow this guide to learn how: Control Apple TV with iOS or iPadOS Control Center - Apple Support

Enjoy your Apple TV!

Thanks for reaching out.

-Drake

2 replies

Oct 19, 2022 4:11 PM in response to beachrose

Apple TV HD, tvOS 9

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, by regularly performing system software updates when available. tvOS 9 is the original software version for this model from 2015. We’re on tvOS 16 now, which all the modern advancements made in the last years. Update your Apple TV - Apple Support.

Not sure if old tvOS may cause compatibility issues with the software remote on iPhone; please do let us know when you try, as we don’t hear of tvOS 9 often in 2022. I’m curious to know if the software remote works with it.

If needed, you may choose to buy a newer version replacement remote, if you get the box on tvOS 14.5 or later first.

Other resellers (on e.g. Amazon or eBay) may still have a few of the black Siri Remotes, like originally bundled with this model.

I've lost the Apple TV remote. Can I connect with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.