Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize bulk images

Preview will allow me to resize but not save the resized photos saying I don’t have permissions and I need to duplicate.

how do I rectify this permissions issue being the MacBook is mine.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 7:22 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2022 10:11 AM in response to Primadiva

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community

What system and Photos versions are you running?

Where is the library located? If on an external drive what type off drive is it and how is it formatted?

Where are you trying to save the photos from Previes?

Are you trying to resize them to a given size ratio or a maximum dimension, ie. the width for landscape or heigh for portrait?

Oct 20, 2022 2:46 PM in response to Primadiva

You could use a resizing app like Resize Master, free at the App Store, to batch reduce all of the photos to the maximum dimension of the digital frame. The add them to a folder on the memory card.

Memory cards are formatted MS DOS FAT 16 which only allow a finite number of files in the root directory, regardless of the storage size. Therefore, add the photos to a folder and add that folder to the memory card. That way you can fill up the card to its maximum capacity if needed.

Oct 20, 2022 10:52 AM in response to Old Toad

What system and Photos versions are you running? Photos version 7.0; Mac OS Monterey 12.1

Where is the library located? If on an external drive what type off drive is it and how is it formatted? Photos were copied to an external drive format: Mac OS Extended

Where are you trying to save the photos from Previes? copied from iPhone to backup external. I need to resize the pics on the external to smaller size because I am saving them to SD Cards that are inserted into Digital photo frames.

Are you trying to resize them to a given size ratio or a maximum dimension, ie. the width for landscape or heigh for portrait? Portrait

I opened the files that are large in Preview, I selected all of them, resized proportionately to 50% of original size and tried to save, but received a message stating I don't have permissions.

Resize bulk images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.