Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent grouping of items under "Developer" on the Desktop in Monterey

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a machine with a couple of aliases which show up as icons on the desktop which can launch apps from a double click. It's admittedly a slightly old-school way to make these apps visible and comfortable to launch for some of my users. That said, if I have just one such alias, all is well and Monterey behaves as desired. However, when I add another, these aliases become hidden under an expandable item called "developer" which makes these icons more difficult to find. The whole point of putting them on the Desktop is to make them easy to find, so my question is: is there some way to prevent this behavior and simply show both aliases as separate items on the desktop, sans the grouping under the "developer" tab?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 3:52 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Prevent grouping of items under "Developer" on the Desktop in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.