Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV will not allow me to screen mirror my iPhone or iPad. Can there be an issue with the Apple;e tv itself as its hit and miss.

My screen mirror sometimes doesn't work. Could there be an issue with the Apple TV?

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 9:40 PM

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or are you trying to screen mirror to a different device? If so, what device and model?

If AirPlay is working for some content, then AirPlay itself is working fine, and the issue may be with the content that you are trying to stream. Some content providers make no effort to support AirPlay (e.g. web video), some may choose to block AirPlay, and others may have minimum system requirements for the AirPlay receiving device. Please check with the content provider about support for AirPlay. Their sites often list compatibility requirements if they support AirPlay.

For specifics, please disclose an example show that didn’t allow streaming.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 9:40 PM in response to G3oak

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so which model? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Or are you trying to screen mirror to a different device? If so, what device and model?

If AirPlay is working for some content, then AirPlay itself is working fine, and the issue may be with the content that you are trying to stream. Some content providers make no effort to support AirPlay (e.g. web video), some may choose to block AirPlay, and others may have minimum system requirements for the AirPlay receiving device. Please check with the content provider about support for AirPlay. Their sites often list compatibility requirements if they support AirPlay.

For specifics, please disclose an example show that didn’t allow streaming.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

My Apple TV will not allow me to screen mirror my iPhone or iPad. Can there be an issue with the Apple;e tv itself as its hit and miss.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.