Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen when mirrored to apple tv

Since the latest iphone12 update, i can no longer mirror to my apple tv with software 7.8 model s1469. How do i fix? Or Am I now forced to buy new unit?

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 2:24 PM

Hello Clear2sea,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with no longer being able to use AirPlay after updating. See if these steps help: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

In addition to those steps, restart your modem and/or Wi-Fi router as fresh connections with your network can also help. You'll also want to be sure that your iPhone software and apps are fully updated. If a update is needed, back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 2:24 PM in response to Clear2sea

Hello Clear2sea,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with no longer being able to use AirPlay after updating. See if these steps help: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

In addition to those steps, restart your modem and/or Wi-Fi router as fresh connections with your network can also help. You'll also want to be sure that your iPhone software and apps are fully updated. If a update is needed, back up first:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Black screen when mirrored to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.