Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my phone because of the Not enough Storage message. Every time I delete apps or attachments I check to see how much storage I have but the figure does not change. No matter how much I delete, the amount of "GB Used" does not change.

I cannot update my phone because of the Not enough storage message. Every time I delete attachments, apps, etc I check to see how much storage that created - but the number does not change. No matter how much I delete, it continues to say the same amount of "GB used."

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 11:03 AM

Try to free up iPhone device storage see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

See this Apple article: Upgrade to iCloud+ -< Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

See also: iCloud+ plans and pricing -> iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then try to do the update again.

You need about 6 GB device storage and good Service & Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

See the following Apple articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

You can do the update via PC, see this Apple article: Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac see this Apple article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 11:03 AM in response to kupulau

Try to free up iPhone device storage see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

See this Apple article: Upgrade to iCloud+ -< Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

See also: iCloud+ plans and pricing -> iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then try to do the update again.

You need about 6 GB device storage and good Service & Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

See the following Apple articles:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't update - Apple Support

You can do the update via PC, see this Apple article: Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC

Update software on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in iTunes on PC – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac see this Apple article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

I cannot update my phone because of the Not enough Storage message. Every time I delete apps or attachments I check to see how much storage I have but the figure does not change. No matter how much I delete, the amount of "GB Used" does not change.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.