Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I close all apps/windows/whatever on iphone ios16

how do I close all apps/windows/whatever on iphone 12 mini running ios16? My old phone had a close all windows but this one seems to require two swipes (at least) for each window. I have better things to do with my life than swipe some stupid phone.

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 9:06 AM

There is no "close all windows" button if that is what you are looking for.

You can swipe up and stop at the middle of the screen to bring up the Window manager. Then swipe up on each window to close it.

Do note however, on an iPhone this is not necessary and generally offers no real benefit. Don't close them unless you absolutely have to, or the app has stalled or is misbehaving. No need to waste your time trying to close them in normal operation.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 9:06 AM in response to jibrand

There is no "close all windows" button if that is what you are looking for.

You can swipe up and stop at the middle of the screen to bring up the Window manager. Then swipe up on each window to close it.

Do note however, on an iPhone this is not necessary and generally offers no real benefit. Don't close them unless you absolutely have to, or the app has stalled or is misbehaving. No need to waste your time trying to close them in normal operation.

how do I close all apps/windows/whatever on iphone ios16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.