Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Mac Studio / Using Etrecheck Pro / Can't find pending iCloud transfers

Hello

I have a Mac Studio (Max - base model with 1TB drive), replacing a built to order 2015 iMac i7 which I maxed upgraded the SSD, Graphics and added my own memory. I ordered my Mac Studio in March, it arrived in May and within a month Apple agreed to replace it due to performance and bluetooth issues .

My replacement machine arrived within 3 weeks from China and was faster than my first machine. Not sure if it's me, but the studio doesn't have the wow factor I was expecting. Yes it's quick with transferring files between drives, but can't see it could handle 7 x 8k streams as the staff at local apple store told me before ordering. I've been editing some HD footage this week and seeing the beach ball using FCPX 10.6.4 with no other hard drives or devices connected.

I have been using Etrecheck for several years and although no major problems found, it keeps reporting I have 50 pending iCloud transfers which I'm sure I don't. For the time being, I have no files in iCloud Drive, no photos in Photos app and have checked this via iCloud.com, on my phone and MacBook Pro. Out of my 50GB iCloud, I am using 1.1GB, and 980Mb is emails I need to keep for work.

I have also run Etrecheck on my MacBook Pro and still get the same 50 iCloud pending transfers. I didn't know if this was causing an speed issues? After trying everything I could, I spoke to AppleCare yesterday and they were unable to resolve despite trying. They advised that as Etrecheck was not available in the Mac App Store, they were not able to comment on the software and if the information was correct.

I still have the same issues bluetooth issues with my magic keyboard - takes up to three minutes for the keyboard to connect to Mac Studio on startup, before I can type in user password. Also, lots of interference with Sony bluetooth headphones I use for editing. They work fine with iPhone and MacBook Pro and also when my magic keyboard is turned off.

Apple are now replacing my keyboard, but believe it's a software issue so advised me to upgrade to Ventura on Monday.

Does anyone else have similar issues with their Mac Studio?

Thanks

Mac Studio, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 7:15 AM

AppleMacCider wrote:

I have been using Etrecheck for several years and although no major problems found, it keeps reporting I have 50 pending iCloud transfers which I'm sure I don't.
I have also run Etrecheck on my MacBook Pro and still get the same 50 iCloud pending transfers. I didn't know if this was causing an speed issues?

That is a bug in the current version of EtreCheckPro. I will be releasing a new version in the next few minutes that should have a fix for this problem.

Maybe download the new version of EtreCheckPro and post a report from it. Describe exactly the problem you are experiencing and how you think it should be behaving differently. So far, all you've really said is that you are getting beachballs in Final Cut Pro. I'm not familiar with that software so I don't know what is normal.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 7:15 AM in response to AppleMacCider

AppleMacCider wrote:

I have been using Etrecheck for several years and although no major problems found, it keeps reporting I have 50 pending iCloud transfers which I'm sure I don't.
I have also run Etrecheck on my MacBook Pro and still get the same 50 iCloud pending transfers. I didn't know if this was causing an speed issues?

That is a bug in the current version of EtreCheckPro. I will be releasing a new version in the next few minutes that should have a fix for this problem.

Maybe download the new version of EtreCheckPro and post a report from it. Describe exactly the problem you are experiencing and how you think it should be behaving differently. So far, all you've really said is that you are getting beachballs in Final Cut Pro. I'm not familiar with that software so I don't know what is normal.

Nov 8, 2022 9:05 AM in response to gzhtub

gzhtub wrote:

I would not upgrade to Ventura just yet, the performance on my Mac Studio dropped significantly after this update, I am just hoping that Apple fixes this problem in the next update. :-(

There is no problem that Apple is going to fix. Clearly, you have some problem with 3rd party system modification software. That is your problem to fix. This is the right place to fix that problem. But just like every single new Apple operating system before it, if your approach is to sit on your hands and suffer, waiting for a magic fix, you are ultimately going to be disappointed.

Start a new thread for your problem.

Slow Mac Studio / Using Etrecheck Pro / Can't find pending iCloud transfers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.