Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second hand bought Apple Watch

Is there anyway besides getting the original owner to open the Apple Watch I bought it from a secondhand on or off of Facebook and the original owner I made contact with through the watch won’t unlock it or try to converse with me

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 10:24 AM

Never purchase from a stranger because it could possibly be stolen and no one has the ability to override the security measures.

Apple values your privacy and has safeguards in place to ensure that no one can access the device.

You will need to reach out to the owner because it is the owner’s responsibility to properly erase the device before selling it.

Until then, it is locked. 🔐

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 10:24 AM in response to forsaken32

Never purchase from a stranger because it could possibly be stolen and no one has the ability to override the security measures.

Apple values your privacy and has safeguards in place to ensure that no one can access the device.

You will need to reach out to the owner because it is the owner’s responsibility to properly erase the device before selling it.

Until then, it is locked. 🔐

Oct 21, 2022 10:44 AM in response to forsaken32

Nope. You have very likely been scammed and you bought a stolen Apple Watch. Apple will NOT unlock the watch. We cannot help you unlock the watch. If whoever you purchased it from won't unlock the watch, either return it for refund (not very likely if the person you bought it from scammed you to begin with) or recycle the watch as it is totally useless to you.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Second hand bought Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.