Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find English Subtitles

Hi I have rented a movie on Apple TV through my Macbook, it is called Cairo Confidential.

I am located in Finland and all the subtitles are in Nordic languages.

There was nothing clear while renting the movie that there are no English subtitles nor there are clear instructions on the website on how to change the subtitle language. I would like a refund please thanks!

Thanks

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 11:59 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2022 7:41 PM in response to Samarz

The Details page of any movie has information on included audio languages and subtitle languages, if you take a moment to look for it (“Languages” heading). I think mainly to give renters and buyers the necessary information for their purchase decision.

Here is a web copy of those details. The same information would be available in the app.

The decision on what languages to include, is with the supplying studio (Atmo in this case), and may differ by country or region. I.e. it will often be tailored to what they think are local preferences.

Oct 22, 2022 12:59 AM in response to Samarz

If the movie has different subtitles you can change those. How you do it depends on what you are watching with. I believe by default subtitles are turned off, at least on AppleTV they are. I don't watch a lot of movies on my Mac so can't recall but most of they times they are turned off.

Uh you probably want to setup a US or UK account w/ Apple just to rent English Version of the movie (if there even is one). I did that for Japan but again not every movie has any English subtitles. How you go about doing that is a question for another topic.

I can't find English Subtitles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.