Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change rented movie langague on Apple TV app.

I've rented a movie on Apple TV app, there are 3 languages in the details of the movie: english, german and polish. I used English as a primary language on my MacBook though region of my devices is set to Poland yet I cannot see the Polish audio option in the player language settings (I also can see variety of subtitle languages yet no Polish). I even paid in PLN currency for the movie. I'm disappointed that I cannot watch the movie with my family.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 8:47 AM

Subtitles and audio languages are different things and may not have the same languages available.

Just because it says it has an audio track in Polish, does not mean it will have a Polish subtitles. They separate things.

Also, subtitles and audio tracks are controlled by the media rights holders or studios that make the movie available on the iTunes Store. Apple has no control over that and cannot change it or add languages to it.

There can be mistakes in listing available languages. It's not the first time a language is listed., on a movie, and it is not available.

You can use the https://reportaproblem.apple.com website to repot a language issue with the movie, and Apple can then let the movie studios or rights holders now about the issue.

What comes up when you select the language during movie playback by selecting the small text bubble or sound icon above the time line?

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 8:47 AM in response to britneyspears00

Subtitles and audio languages are different things and may not have the same languages available.

Just because it says it has an audio track in Polish, does not mean it will have a Polish subtitles. They separate things.

Also, subtitles and audio tracks are controlled by the media rights holders or studios that make the movie available on the iTunes Store. Apple has no control over that and cannot change it or add languages to it.

There can be mistakes in listing available languages. It's not the first time a language is listed., on a movie, and it is not available.

You can use the https://reportaproblem.apple.com website to repot a language issue with the movie, and Apple can then let the movie studios or rights holders now about the issue.

What comes up when you select the language during movie playback by selecting the small text bubble or sound icon above the time line?

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Cannot change rented movie langague on Apple TV app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.