Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt port 1 doesn’t work on my MacBookPro 2015

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid-2015). The logic board was replaced. Since then, the Thunderbolt port has the following issue:

The second Thunderbolt port works fine. I can use the official Thunderbolt-to-VGA adapter, Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter and Thunderbolt-to-DVI adapter and it all works fine.

The fist Thunderbolt port however does not work at all. This happens in both MacOS and Windows Bootcamp.

If I boot into Windows, I can get a display from the first Thunderbolt port, but the image is cut off. The Ethernet does not work at all (The second port however works fine).

I took it back to the Apple store. They said they replaced an internal cable and test everything and it all works.

However, when I try it, it’s the same issue. The second Thunderbolt port works fine. However, the first port does not work.

Any ideas? Could it be a software issue.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 4:12 PM

Hi there big_smile,

If you had your MacBook Pro serviced by Apple and you're still experiencing hardware issues with the Thunderbolt port afterwards, you'll most likely need to contact Apple directly to get some more guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

In the meantime, you could try resetting the NVRAM to see if that helps with the issue. You can reset the SMC with these steps: Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 4:12 PM in response to big_smile

Hi there big_smile,

If you had your MacBook Pro serviced by Apple and you're still experiencing hardware issues with the Thunderbolt port afterwards, you'll most likely need to contact Apple directly to get some more guidance. This link will help you get started: Contact - Official Apple Support

In the meantime, you could try resetting the NVRAM to see if that helps with the issue. You can reset the SMC with these steps: Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Thunderbolt port 1 doesn’t work on my MacBookPro 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.