Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if my iPhone is being hacked?

A message saying I don't have a sim card came up. What does that mean?

I turned off my iPhone does that help?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:36 PM

No. A SIM card notification is not a sign of hacking. As a matter of fact, it is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone remotely. This is because the iPhone operates in Apple’s enclosed environment.

It would have helped if you would have listed the exact error message to determine where it originated. It could be something as little as a poorly seated SIM card in the SIM Card Tray. If all is working well at present, then I wouldn’t worry about anything. If you see the No SIM Card message again then either reseat the SIM card and try OR contact your carrier and get another SIM card.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2022 2:36 PM in response to LolaBeachFl

No. A SIM card notification is not a sign of hacking. As a matter of fact, it is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone remotely. This is because the iPhone operates in Apple’s enclosed environment.

It would have helped if you would have listed the exact error message to determine where it originated. It could be something as little as a poorly seated SIM card in the SIM Card Tray. If all is working well at present, then I wouldn’t worry about anything. If you see the No SIM Card message again then either reseat the SIM card and try OR contact your carrier and get another SIM card.

Axel F.

How do I know if my iPhone is being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.