Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app on iPhone SE 16.0.3

I cannot share pictures/videos from the Photos app in any form. The Photos app keeps freezing or being non-responsive. I have tried multiple suggested privacy, re-start, etc suggestions and none have worked. I also cannot get photos to be shared w/ my MacBook either. I have attempted to go to Settings/Photos and I cannot access the settings section for the Photos app either. I click on it and it just turns grey like it has been selected, but nothing happens. The same happens if I try to go to change iCloud settings for the Photos app.

Right now all I can do is view my pictures and videos on my iPhone - not share at all. This occurred with iOS 16.0, but then an update to each recent software update seems to have corrected it...until now. I have the most up to date iOS and it is still an issue.

Please help!!

Sarah

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 1:52 AM

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Turn Screen Time off altogether or check all restrictions related to media..

If no better

Backup, restore to factory,  then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup.

If it fixes it then it is probably a rogue app like security app.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 1:52 AM in response to SarahPor

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Turn Screen Time off altogether or check all restrictions related to media..

If no better

Backup, restore to factory,  then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup.

If it fixes it then it is probably a rogue app like security app.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Photos app on iPhone SE 16.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.