Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I stream a movie to a non smart tv

how can I stream a movie to a non smart tv

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 7:17 AM

You can attach an external streaming device to your TV via HDMI, that supports AirPlay.

Currently that can be a (modern) Apple TV box or a (modern) Roku streaming device.

A new model Apple TV box will be available from 11/4, so if you choose that, then you’ll get the best performance for the coming years.

These devices also support the Apple TV app, so you can watch Apple TV app content without your iPad.

Select other devices also support the Apple TV app (but not necessarily AirPlay).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 7:17 AM in response to Hammers24

You can attach an external streaming device to your TV via HDMI, that supports AirPlay.

Currently that can be a (modern) Apple TV box or a (modern) Roku streaming device.

A new model Apple TV box will be available from 11/4, so if you choose that, then you’ll get the best performance for the coming years.

These devices also support the Apple TV app, so you can watch Apple TV app content without your iPad.

Select other devices also support the Apple TV app (but not necessarily AirPlay).

Oct 22, 2022 6:47 AM in response to Hammers24

You can stream to a television which is not a smart TV (to use WikiPedia's definition) by using a device such as an Apple TV.

The device can receive streamed content via AirPlay. It can also access streaming services from the Internet on a local network using Wi-Fi or ethernet connection to a router and pass the content to the television.

Can I stream a movie to a non smart tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.