Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I just got a new Apple Watch and when I try to pair and update the bar goes but it doesn’t completely work and then won’t let me do anything except reset the watch. What do I do?

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:01 AM

Hello Wow17,

Congratulations on your new Apple Watch. We want to help, so you can start enjoying it.

If you're experiencing an issue pairing your Apple Watch, please check out this link, which has some information and suggestions that can help with pairing issues: If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone

Since it seems like the pairing process stops or stalls, please be sure to review the "If the pairing process stalls" part of the above link for assistance with that specific issue:

If the pairing process stalls

If it seems like the pairing process has stalled — for example, the pairing animation remains on the screen for several minutes — resetting your Apple Watch might help:

1. Press and hold the Digital Crown while your Apple Watch is in pairing mode.
2. Tap Reset when it appears on your watch.
3. After your watch resets, you can pair again.

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 9:01 AM in response to Wow17

Hello Wow17,

Congratulations on your new Apple Watch. We want to help, so you can start enjoying it.

If you're experiencing an issue pairing your Apple Watch, please check out this link, which has some information and suggestions that can help with pairing issues: If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone

Since it seems like the pairing process stops or stalls, please be sure to review the "If the pairing process stalls" part of the above link for assistance with that specific issue:

If the pairing process stalls

If it seems like the pairing process has stalled — for example, the pairing animation remains on the screen for several minutes — resetting your Apple Watch might help:

1. Press and hold the Digital Crown while your Apple Watch is in pairing mode.
2. Tap Reset when it appears on your watch.
3. After your watch resets, you can pair again.

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.