Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware lock - Unable to bypass

While trying to upgrade my ios to a a newer version, I ended up getting the firmware lock on my screen ( as I bought a used laptop, I dont have it).

Apple store says they cant unlock it since I dont have the original purchase receipt of it (Tried showing the laptop serial# also from my iphone, proving that my apple Id was logged on it)

what is the work around for this situation?

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 10:38 AM

3 replies

Oct 22, 2022 10:55 AM in response to urururrrrasda313

urururrrrasda313 wrote:

If there is no workaround, then how is apple going to do it after seeing the original receipt?
what I am unable to understand is, Apple is not ready to unlock it even if my iphone shows my apple id being logged into this laptop. Is that not an enough proof?
who really keeps 3-4 yr old receipts seriously?

I'm sorry but you bought a used computer that was not properly prepared for sale by the original owner.: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Firmware lock - Unable to bypass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.