Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when the SIM card is removed and the restored

Out of curiosity I removed the SIM card and then pushed it back. All **** has broken loose. I was asked to change my Apple ID and password. Can no longer get text. How do I restore everything?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 11:23 PM

Remove the SIM Card Tray and ensure that the SIM card is seated properly in the Tray and that it is not damaged. NOTE: The SIM card will only fit properly in ONE WAY. Pay attention to the notch in one corner of the SIM card and the Tray to align.

If the SIM card is seated properly and not damaged, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 11:23 PM in response to b0n0b0

Remove the SIM Card Tray and ensure that the SIM card is seated properly in the Tray and that it is not damaged. NOTE: The SIM card will only fit properly in ONE WAY. Pay attention to the notch in one corner of the SIM card and the Tray to align.

If the SIM card is seated properly and not damaged, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Oct 23, 2022 9:31 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel, thanks for your answer. Actually I got a notification that I had no SIM card in my phone even after I had pushed the tray in. So actually I went to Verizon (my carrier) and on their website it showed pictures of what the SIM card looked like. I had pushed the tray in with nothing in it. At that moment my cat happened to step on something gold on the floor. It was the SIM card! So now all is well. Thanks again.

What happens when the SIM card is removed and the restored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.