Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card files not showing up in finder

SD Card files not showing in Mac finder

Wondering if anyone can help, so I’m using iMovie and when I click the import button all my videos on the SD card show up as usual, but from my old cameras but no folder for my new camera or the videos I’ve filmed on it. Also when I put the SD card in the camera the videos show up fine on the camera too

in the pic you can see the folders with files containing videos from my old cameras but nothing for my current one

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:14 AM

The SD card slot may not be capable of reading the newer SD card. You may have to get an external card reader that can handle that card.

From another post, try shutting down the Mac, put the SD card into the slot, and start up the Mac.

Once you mount the cards, if iMovie cannot import the videos, you may be using a codec on your new camera that iMovie cannot interpret.

You might be able to convert the video into something iMovie can use with Handbrake, but I don't know if it can interpret that codec, either.

Check the camera instructions for how to set it up so that you can import the video into iMovie.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 8:14 AM in response to AlleidaMK

The SD card slot may not be capable of reading the newer SD card. You may have to get an external card reader that can handle that card.

From another post, try shutting down the Mac, put the SD card into the slot, and start up the Mac.

Once you mount the cards, if iMovie cannot import the videos, you may be using a codec on your new camera that iMovie cannot interpret.

You might be able to convert the video into something iMovie can use with Handbrake, but I don't know if it can interpret that codec, either.

Check the camera instructions for how to set it up so that you can import the video into iMovie.

SD card files not showing up in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.