Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having problem restoring my iPhone by using itunes and a local storage.

I'm using an iPhone11 Pro and a windows PC, I'm having problem storing my iPhone. When I connect my phone through USB, itunes usually pops up and show the latest date that my phone was backed up, but this time it shows 'Your iPhone has never been backed up to this computer'. So I tried to look up on the MobileSync folder, it has a backup folder there, but I wonder why it shows that message on itunes. How can I restore that backup on my phone? Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 8:05 AM

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations for backup depending on whether you installed iTunes with a download from apple.com or the Microsoft Store, each invisible to the other. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for a way to potentially get iTunes to see your old backup.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 8:05 AM in response to pawitohmm

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two possible locations for backup depending on whether you installed iTunes with a download from apple.com or the Microsoft Store, each invisible to the other. See Archive iPhone backup in Windows - Apple Community for a way to potentially get iTunes to see your old backup.

tt2

I'm having problem restoring my iPhone by using itunes and a local storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.