Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlock the disk «Macintosh» HD

How do I unlock the disk «Macintosh» HD when I can’t use my password? Which password are they asking for. My Mac password is locked snd it doesn’t work with my appleID password.

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 12:37 PM

The password is it asking for is the one you use to log in to that Mac. It may or may not be the same password you use for your Apple ID, but only you would know that.

First please review Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If your Mac has locked your account following too many failed login attempts, and your Apple ID is also locked, then follow these instructions: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Be advised the following may be applicable: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 12:37 PM in response to pernillacharlotte

The password is it asking for is the one you use to log in to that Mac. It may or may not be the same password you use for your Apple ID, but only you would know that.

First please review Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

If your Mac has locked your account following too many failed login attempts, and your Apple ID is also locked, then follow these instructions: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

Be advised the following may be applicable: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support.

How do I unlock the disk «Macintosh» HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.